What do we mean by ethical prostitution?
- Ethical prostitution is a concept created by Apricots promoting transparent and honest practices in the paid sex industry.
- It means behaving respectfully towards the girls who have decided to devote their lives to the oldest profession in the world, and to respect their freedom.
- It means opposing to any kind of abuse or mistreatment.
- It means fighting for the rights of sex workers.
- It means scaping from the dodgy ways of others involved in the traditional paid sex industry.
- It means the path that every person in the industry should follow.
- Ethical prostitution is nothing more than common sense.
Media is often not capable of explaining exhaustively and precisely the world of prostitution.
In fact, sometimes they seem to think of prostitution as a synonym of trafficking, and truly, things are very different. That's why Apricots felt the need to clarify several concepts related to this industry; we prepared the most complete and truthful infography there is about prostitution; actually, it's the only one there is.
Sometimes we think we know a lot about a subject because we have heard it repeatedly in the media. This allows us to formulate ideas and opinions about it but we should not forget that the media provide us with a media construction of reality and therefore somehow prefigure social acceptance or disagreement of the topics covered.
In addition, today more than yesterday, the media have to cope with the immediacy because what it's on Internet today might be history within 5 minutes, which means that the time to contrast the information is drastically reduced so that it's pretty easy to make mistakes or inaccuracies, especially when values are given.
An the wrong data generated around an issue so debated as prostitution are a common praxis. Because of that, from Apricots, we have decided that it was necessary to clarify the concepts around the paid sex industry, with this infography.
We hope that our small contribution will serve to answer questions about the world of prostitution. In the meanwhile, we’ll continue to create the path to make ethical prostitution become a reality.