Ethical prostitution, our social commitment
- Ethical prostitution is a concept, born in Apricots, which promotes transparent and honest practices in the paid sex sector.
- It is a behavior based on respect for people who decide to do the oldest profession in the world for a living, and their freedom.
- To oppose to any abuse and mistreatment.
- It is to fight for the sex workers rights.
- It is to get out of the turbulent current that draws many actors involved in the traditional paid sex sector.
- It is the path that every person in the industry should follow.
- Ethical prostitution is nothing more than applying common sense.
The media are not always able to fully and accurately explain the world of prostitution. In fact, it sometimes seems that prostitution is synonymous with human trafficking, when things are very different actually. For this reason, from Apricots we felt the need to clarify many concepts related to this sector, so we prepared the more complete and clear prostitution infography. Also because it is the only one.
Sometimes we think we know a lot about a subject because we have heard it repeatedly in the media. This allows us to formulate ideas and opinions about it but we should not forget that the media provide us with a media construction of reality and therefore somehow prefigure social acceptance or disagreement of the topics covered.
In addition, today more than yesterday, the media have to cope with the immediacy because what it's on Internet today might be history within 5 minutes, which means that the time to contrast the information is drastically reduced so that it's pretty easy to make mistakes or inaccuracies, especially when values are given.
An the wrong data generated around an issue so debated as prostitution are a common praxis. Because of that, from Apricots, we have decided that it was necessary to clarify the concepts around the paid sex industry, with this infography.
We hope that our small contribution will serve to answer questions about the world of prostitution. In the meanwhile, we’ll continue to create the path to make ethical prostitution become a reality.